Kingdom Women aspire to be the women Jesus saved them to be. Kingdom Women aim to realize our Godly potential and fulfill the promise of our redemption in this life. We want to:
- Be the woman our husbands dreamt of marrying
- Be the mom’s our children deserve
- Be the backbone our church and family needs
- Be the beacons of light our community needs
Some Kingdom Behavior in Scripture
- Galatians 5: 13-23 Called to freedom, to love one another. Walk by the Spirit and bear these fruit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
- Galatians 6: 1-6 Keep watch on ourselves lest we be tempted while bearing one another’s burdens
- Colossians 3: 12-14 Have compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, patience, bearing with one another, and forgiveness for each other.
- 1 Thessalonians 3: 3-7 Sanctification, abstain from sexual immorality, control our bodies in holiness and honor, aspire to live quietly, mind our own affairs, work with our hands so we can walk before outsiders and be dependent upon no one.
- Ephesians 5: 3-5 Flee sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not be part of us. Speak with thanksgiving and try and discern what is pleasing to the Lord, exposing unfruitful works of darkness. Make best use of time being filled with the Spirit, giving thanks always to God in the name of Jesus Christ.
- 1 Tim 2: 9-15 Be modest in dress and self-controlled in demeanor, adorning ourselves with good deeds, while continuing in faith, love, and holiness.
- 1 Pet 2: 1-3 Put away all malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy, slander.
How to Love Our Husbands
- 1 Pet 3: 1-6 Wives allow your conduct to win your husband through a gentle and quiet spirit
- Col 3:18 Wives submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord
- Eph 5: 22-33 Wives submit and respect your own husband as to the Lord.
How to Love Our Children
- Eph 6:4 Do not provoke children to anger, bring them up in discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Col 3: 21 Do not provoke our children to discouragement
What Not to Be
Col 3: 5-9 and Gal 5: 1; 13-23: Flee from sexual immorality, impurity, strife, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, jealousy, fits of anger, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, and orgies.
Our Game Plan
So how do we get there? How do we go from unrepentant or even repentant women to embody the holy lifestyle demanded and expected of a Kingdom Woman? How do we become more than consumers of church, to being the Church?
- We must rely on Jesus and the work of the Spirit.
- We must conform our lives to Scripture and spend time learning and studying the Bible.
- We join other women to be the backbone in our families and church, embracing this key role as equal partners made in the image of God.
- We assess and reassess all areas of our life with Scripture and allow God to whittle away the junk.
- We pursue the kingdom and His righteousness.
God uses three primary means to change us
- Other people, as in iron sharpens iron (Prov 27:17)
- Circumstances (Rom 8:28)
- And the spiritual Disciplines