Kingdom Men live a life of biblical stewardship, loyalty, faith, commitment and unity to the body of Christ. A Kingdom Man does not place his denomination before the kingdom of God, but seeks the kingdom and God’s righteousness first. This trumps all denominational infighting and allows Kingdom Men to work together, across imaginary lines, for the advancement of the kingdom and the glory of Jesus.
Kingdom Men are:
- The man our wives dreamed of marrying when they were kids.
- The dad’s our children deserve.
- Leaders within their churches.
- And the beacons of light our communities and places of work need to dispel darkness.
Kingdom Men are:
- Called to freedom, to love one another and walk by the Spirit, bearing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control (Gal 5: 13-23).
- Keeping watch over themselves and other believers lest we be tempted, while restoring each other from sin and bearing others burdens (Gal 6: 1-6).
- Living examples of compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, patience, and forgiveness (Col 3: 12-14).
- Are being sanctified in Jesus, while abstaining from sexual immorality by controlling our bodies in holiness and honor. We live quiet honorable lives, minding our own business and working within the community, dependent upon no one but Jesus (1 Thess 3: 3-7).
- Flee sexual immorality while impurity or covetousness must not be part of our make up. We must speak with thanksgiving and try in all things to please the Lord, while exposing unfruitful works of darkness. We make best use of our time, giving thanks to Jesus through our Spirit infused lives (Eph 5: 3-5).
- Men of prayer who do not lift their hands in anger or quarreling (1 Tim 2:8).
- Men who have put away malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander (1 Pet 2: 1-3).
So how do we get there? How do we go from unrepentant degenerate men of sin to the holy lifestyle demanded and expected of the Kingdom Man? How do we become more than consumers of church, to being the Church?
- We rely on Jesus and the work of the Spirit.
- We conform our lives to Scripture and spend time learning and studying the Bible.
- We join other men in this fight to be more Christ-like, we do not attempt this fight alone.
- We assess and reassess all areas of our life with Scripture and allow God to whittle away the junk.
- We become the leaders in our home, church, work, and community God can use to bring lasting change. We pursue the kingdom and His righteousness.
- We understand God uses three primary methods to bring about change within us so we seek all three actively. We join other Kingdom Men, while handling adversity in a biblical manner with God’s plan in mind, and focus on our spiritual practices within our church, home, and community.
Kingdom Men is a ministry of Catalyst Baptist Church for Christian men within our community.
However, we do not want Christian men from other churches to join Catalyst; this is not about sheep rustling. We want men strengthened by this ministry to be the Kingdom Man best able to lead in their family, church, and work place. This is about making authentic Christian men who stand for righteousness and justice and give glory to Jesus.
Kingdom Men is not about growing a single church, it is about advancing the Kingdom of God in this community. It is my sincere prayer we will have Kingdom Men from all the local denominations come to our bi-weekly meeting so iron can sharpen iron and we can all work together for the Kingdom of God and take our new found depth back to our own church.
Jesus did not die so we can consume a little bit of church 1-2 times per week. Jesus died so we might live and live abundantly. Why do we settle for crumbs when so much more is available. Join Kingdom Men and be the man God sent his Son to die for and watch lives change. We meet the first and third Monday each month.